The N-3B is a USAF Snorkel parka featuring reinforced elbow patches, a full-length storm flap and inset knit cuffs for durability and protection against the elements. The N-3B parka's nylon outer shell/polyester interlining ensures that no cold air seeps in. Our hood is lined and trimmed with synthetic fur, complete with adjustable draw cord/take-up strap. If you like a tight fit we recommend sizing down from your normal size.
Male Model Information:
- Snorkel hood
- Removable faux fur around hood
- Faux mouton lined hood
- Buckled hood adjuster
- Channel quilted lining
- Storm flap
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red ribbon on utility pocket zipper
- Sleeve shirring
- Two exterior handwarmer pockets
- Two lower flap pockets
- One interior patch pocket
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- This garment is a unisex style. This jacket fits true to size for a men’s core fit. Women are recommended to choose 1 size down.
The N-3B is the first jacket that Alpha Industries produced for the U.S. military. Just two months after the company was founded in 1959, the N-3B and the Navy shipboard shirt entered production. The N-3B was created to protect air force ground and crew members from the extreme cold weather climates. First offered in midnight blue, the parka was later changed to a sage green and re-designed when it was adopted by all military services.