For versatility and maximum warmth, nothing beats the double-duty M-65 liner. Also known as the ALS/92 field jacket liner, this ripstop nylon shell with polyester lining is durable and best used underneath the M-65 JACKET. The knit cuffs make this army jacket liner toasty, and the fabric binding surrounding two front pockets and bottom hem ensures a sturdy build that will last for years. If you like a tight fit we recommend ordering down a size.
Male Model Information:
- Height 6'2"
- Size: M
- Wear alone or button into M-65 Jacket for additional warmth
- Onion quilted shell
- Two lower patch pockets
- This garment is a unisex style. This jacket fits true to size for a men’s core fit. Women are recommended to choose 1 size down.
- FIT: Core
- LENGTH: Above Hip
- RECOMMENDED WEATHER: Light Weather
- SHELL: 100% Nylon Rip-Stop
- LINING: 100% Nylon Rip-Stop
- FILL: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Line dry. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
The M-65 field coat liner was developed in the late 60s. The separately issued piece was made of a nylon onion-quilted outer shell with polyester. It matched the color of the field coat itself. The liner allowed soldiers to add a layer to their M-65 field coat by buttoning it into the jacket at the wrists and body. This helped with fluctuating temperatures in a place like Vietnam where the days were warm but the nights were much colder. The official name for it was "Liner, Cold Weather Coat, Mans."