M-65 Field Coat
Free Domestic Returns On Exchanges Read Returns Policy
The M-65 is the classic U.S. military field coat. Manufactured to military specifications, the Alpha M-65 represents the best in military fashion while retaining its military elements for functional use. The M-65 was designed to be oversized, allowing soldiers to carry ammunition and all their gear - Alpha’s M-65 stays true to this oversize design.
• Mil-Spec roll-up hood, waist draw-cords, and brass zipper with fasteners provide all weather protection
• Mil-Spec bi-swing back for ease of movement
• Mil-Spec Velcro cuffs to cover gloves, keeping rain, sleet, and snow out of the jacket
• Mil-Spec NYCO® sateen fabric is stylish and wind, water, and tear resistant for extreme durability
• M-65 liner sold separately for extra warmth
• The M-65 Field Coat is available in olive, black, camouflage, navy or khaki
• The Mil-Spec M-65 is oversized to carry extra gear; for a tighter fit, select 1-2 sizes smaller; the sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the Slim Fit M-65 as they have two different fits and the variation between sizes differs for each.
The M-65 field coat was first issued to the U.S. Armed Services in 1965 as a replacement for the M-51 field coat. The M-65 represented the culmination of field coat design, drawing on the technological developments of the M-43 and M-51 field coats used in WWII and Korea. The M-65 incorporated the bi-swing back and oversize design originally developed for the M-41 to provide more room for soldiers to carry everything from personal items to extra ammunition. The M-65 also used the covered zipper and snap front closure from the M-51 that allowed soldiers to crawl on their stomachs without the jacket opening and snagging on obstacles. The M-65 also kept the interior buttons and removable liner from the M-51 for greater warmth and versatility across different climates. The M-65 included new features, including a roll-up hood and a Velcro cuff designed to extend out and attach or cover gloves. The M-65 also introduced a brand new fabric for the outer shell: NYCO®, a nylon and cotton sateen combination that was extremely durable and water repellent. Alpha Industries made more M-65’s than any other U.S. contractor and produced over 500,000 units a year at the height of production. Today, Alpha continues to produce the M-65 to the original military specification, delivering a classic, quality, and authentic field coat to our customers.
Select a Region:
|Size||Neck (in)||chest (in)||waist (in)||hip (in)||Sleeve (in)||Height||weight (lbs)|
|XS||14-14 1/2||32-34||28-30||32-34||31-32||Regular 5'6" to 6'||130-145|
|MT||15-15 1/2||38-40||33-35||38-40||34-35||Tall 6'1" to 6'4"||170-185|
|Size||Height (cm)||Weight (kg)||Neck (cm)||Chest (cm)||Waist (cm)||Hip (cm)||Sleeve (cm)|
How to Measure:
Measure around base of neckline, keeping one finger between your neck and the measuring tape.
Measure around body with tape leveled on the fullest part of your chest.
Measure around your waist with the tape leveled at the narrowest point of your torso.
With arm relaxed at your side, measure from center back neck, to point of shoulder, and along the arm to the wrist (just below round bone).
Stand with heels 2—3” apart. Keep the tape leveled and measure around the fullest part of your hips.
Measure pants that fit you well, and feel comfortable. Lay pants flat on table, and smooth the front and back crease. Measure along the inseam from crotch to bottom of edge of hem.