MA-1 PRIMALOFT FLIGHT JACKET W
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
WIND RESISTANTProtects during windy conditions
PRODUCT DETAILSAlpha's classic bomber silhouette with a Primaloft fill.
- Water Resistant
- Wind Resistant
- All over 'Alpha' printed Lining
- 'Alpha' Logo on zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Two lower welt pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Straight knit cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Extreme Cold Weather
- Shell: 100% PT Nylon
- Lining: 100% Soft Nylon
- Fill: 100% Primaloft
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Wash inside out. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low, remove promptly. Do not iron, do not dryclean.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.