L-2B HOODED NASA II FLIGHT JACKET W
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
- Alpha’s lightweight, hooded bomber with reflective NASA print.
Female Model Information:
- Height 5'10"
- Size: M
- Water Resistant
- Removable double-layer fleece hood
- Alpha logo on zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve with pen cap inserts
- Signature NASA "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Reflective NASA print on chest and back
- Two exterior flap pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Light Weather
- SHELL: 100% Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron or dry clean.
The L-2B flight jacket was introduced in the early 1950s for use in light temperature zones (50 to 86 degrees F). Initially the bomber was only used by the U.S. Air Force which is why the USAF insignia was put on the sleeve. The flight jacket went through many specification updates including the removal of the oxygen tab, snap tabs and epaulets, along with the USAF logo as the jacket was eventually adopted by the Navy and other branches of the armed forces.