MA-1 60TH ANNIVERSARY BLOCK FLIGHT JACKET
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
PRODUCT DETAILSA color-blocked version of Alpha's MA featuring 60th Anniversary embroidery.
- Water Resistant
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket with pen cap inserts on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve shirring
- 60th Anniversary embroidery on back
- Alpha Industries embroidery on back
- Two lower flap pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Striped knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- FIT: Slim
- LENGTH: Above Hip
- SHELL: 100% Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
- FILL: 100% Polyester
- Intermediate Weather
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Dry clean only.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.