PRODUCT DETAILSA battlewashed version of Alpha's MA-1 Natus flight jacket.
- Removable double-layer fleece hood
- DTM Alpha logo embroidery on hood
- Alpha logo on zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve Shirring
- Two exterior flap pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Intermediate Weather
- Shell: 100% Flight Nylon
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Or dryclean.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.