MA-1 DOWN FLIGHT JACKET JACQUARD
REVERSIBLEDouble zipper pulls, can be reversed
PRODUCT DETAILSA down-filled version of Alpha's classic MA-1 that reverses to a soft nylon, channel-quilted bomber.
- Seam-sealed, poly jacquard shell
- Channel-quilted lining
- Removable MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Oxygen tab on chest
- Two exterior welt pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Extreme Cold Weather
- Shell: 100% Poly Jacquard
- Lining: 100% Soft Nylon
- Fill: 75/25 Down
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Hang to dry. Do not iron. Do not dryclean.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.