Colors marked down are final sale. Items on final sale cannot be returned or exchanged. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Read everything about the inspiration behind the No Sleep jacket in our blog here. Inspired by the megaclubs of the late 80s and 90s, Alpha's No Sleep jacket remembers the vision New York's clubs offered. The jacket is a vintage cotton version of Alpha's classic MA-1 with printed appliques reminiscent of the flyers and decor of the 'no sleep' nightlife. New York's 'No Sleep' lifestyle energized the public through graphic designs and artwork, often found on street corners. Alpha remembers these ornate flyers and brings them back to life, in a way that you can wear.
- Garment Washed
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Printed appliques throughout body
- Two exterior flap pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Intermediate Weather
- Shell: 100% Vintage Cotton Slub
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Cool iron. Do not dryclean.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.