The MA-1 Flex turns our classic MA-1 Flight Jacket into a blank canvas. The jacket features four hook-and-loop areas that allow for self-expression via patches. The bomber jacket includes four patches and others can be added to customize the look to reflect your style. Check out the limited-edition patches in the AlphaIndustries.com Patch Program. For a tighter fit check out the MA-1 Flex Slim Fit.
Male Model Information:
- Height: 6'0'
- Chest: 36'
- Waist: 30'
- Size: L
- Water Resistant
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve shirring
- Space for patches on chest and sleeves
- Four patches included
- Two lower flap pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- FIT: Core
- LENGTH: Above Hip
- XXS-S 4"x2" (left chest and sleeve), 4.5" x 4.5" (right chest and sleeve)
- M-XXXL 5"x3" (left chest and sleeve), 5" x 5" (right chest and sleeve)
- RECOMMENDED WEATHER: Intermediate Weather
- SHELL: 100% Flight Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
- FILL: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Dry clean only.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed