CWU 36P MOD FLIGHT JACKET
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
PRODUCT DETAILSColors marked down are final sale. Items on final sale cannot be returned or exchanged. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. Based on the current-issued MILSPEC lightweight flight jacket, this variation of the cold weather uniform (CWU) 36/P is about function and form with a breathable matte nylon shell and side-entry pockets.
- Water Resistant
- Fold down collar
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve shirring
- Two exterior flap pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit rib cuffs and waistband
- Fit: Slim
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Light
- Shell: 100% Lightweight Matte Nylon
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: None
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Or dry clean.
As the technology of materials and fabrics improved, there was a need for a new jacket that would be fire-retardant. The jacket was made of a nomex fabric that is known for its excellent thermal, chemical, and radiation resistance. Today air force pilots are still issues the CWU 36/P and 45/P. Alpha started producing the jackets for the military in 1995 and went on to make them for more than five years.