PRODUCT DETAILSAn N-2B silhouette made in Stutterheim's signature waterproof, PVC fabric with welded seams.
- Sherpa lining
- Zippered split hood
- Drawstrings at hood
- Storm flap
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Stutterheim flag
- Two exterior pockets
- Knit rib cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- FIT: Standard
- LENGTH: Above Hip
- SHELL: 82% PVC, 9% Polyester, 9% Cotton
- LINING: 70% Polyester, 30% Polyacrylic
- FILL: None
- Intermediate Weather
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Hand wash only. Do not use softener or bleach. Do not dryclean. Do not tumble dry, do not iron.
The N-2B parka was introduced in the mid 1950s for U.S. Air Force air and ground crews. It replaced the N-2A. Alpha started making the N-2B for the DOD in 1963. Some of the classic mil-spec features were the front pass-through pockets (so that pilots could reach their pants pockets without being exposed to sub-freezing temps), split hood that unzips to lay flat, and the zippered utility/pencil pocket (originally called the cigarette/pencil pocket) with pencil point protectors. We went on to make the N-2B parka for the U.S. armed forces for the next 33 years. In the late 1980s we started making the same short-waist parka for the commercial market. It maintains the features from the military version.