PLAYBOY X ALPHA MA-1 NATUS
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
PRODUCT DETAILSAlpha's classic MA-1 Natus with Playboy taping on sleeves. To shop the Playboy x Alpha MA-1 Blood Chit, click here. Not eligible for promotional discounts.
- Water Resistant
- Removable double-layer fleece hood
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Custom Playboy tag
- Playboy and Alpha logo taping on sleeves
- Playboy and Alpha removable patch on chest
- Sleeve shirring
- Two exterior flap pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Intermediate Weather
- Shell: 100% Flight Nylon
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Dryclean only.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.