NORDSTROM X ALPHA L-2B NATUS
WATER RESISTANTProtects during mild wet conditions
PRODUCT DETAILSA lightweight version of Alpha's popular MA-1 Natus.
- Water Resistant
- Removable, dual-layered French Terry hood
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve shirring
- Two exterior welt pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Light
- Shell: 100% Flight Nylon
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: None
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
The L-2B flight jacket was introduced in the early 1950s for use in light temperature zones (50 to 86 degrees F). Initially the bomber was only used by the U.S. Air Force which is why the USAF insignia was put on the sleeve. The flight jacket went through many specification updates including the removal of the oxygen tab, snap tabs and epaulets, along with the USAF logo as the jacket was eventually adopted by the Navy and other branches of the armed forces.