The timeless L-2B bomber gets a sporty refresh with a cropped silhouette and varsity-style knit details. The original L-2B flight jacket was first created in the 1950s as a more lightweight alternative to the MA-1 and L-2A jackets issued to the US Air Force. The L-2B was designed for moderate temperatures of 42-65 degrees Fahrenheit, making it the perfect outer layer for most seasons.
Replica Blue Model Information:
- Height 5'9"
- Size: S
Sage Model Information:
- Height 5'10"
- Size: S
- A cropped bomber jacket with contrast knit details.
- Water Resistant
- Raglan sleeve
- Alpha logo on zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve with pen cap inserts
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Contrast piping detail on back
- Two exterior welt pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Contrast Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Light Weather
- SHELL: 100% Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Machine wash cold with like colors. Non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Or dryclean.
Since 1959, Alpha Industries has distinguished itself as a maker of exceptional jackets and outerwear. Alpha first solidified its roots as a clothing contractor for the U.S. Department of Defense, producing N-3B parkas for the Air Force initially, and then expensing into additional silhouettes in the coming decades. Alpha is widely known for producing the MA-1 bomber jacket, now a timeless fashion staple. In addition, Alpha was the first producer of the iconic M-65 field coat, a contract that the company would hold for over 25 years. After decades of designing for all types of combat and weather conditions, Alpha Industries has set the standard of quality for jackets, parkas, field coats, and more — first worn by military service members and now loved by civilians. Each piece stays true to the Alpha Industries mission by offering a unique blend of function and heritage with innovation and style.
|sleeve||31-31 ½||31 ½ - 32||32 – 32 ½||32 ½ - 33 ¼||33 ¼ - 34|
|sleeve||79-79 ½||79 ½ - 81||81 – 81 ½||81 ½ - 84 ¼||84 ¼ - 86|