MA-1 NATUS CTN FLIGHT JACKET
Colors marked down are final sale. Items on final sale cannot be returned or exchanged. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. A vintage cotton version of Alpha's classic MA-1 Natus.
- Garment Washed
- Removable double-layer fleece hood
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension and hood
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Two exterior flap pockets
- One interior welt pocket
- Knit rib collar, cuffs and waistband
- Ottoman knit cuffs
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Intermediate Weather
- Shell: 100% Vintage Cotton Slub
- Lining: 100% Nylon
- Fill: 100% Polyester
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Cool iron. Do not dryclean.
Introduced by the mid-1950s, the MA-1 became the flight jacket of U.S. Air Force and Navy pilots and ground crew. Designed for use in temperatures of 14-50 degrees F, the MA-1 had a 100% wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs. The MA-1 discarded the mouton fur collar of its predecessor, the B-15, because it interfered with the parachute harness worn by aviators. Other features of the jacket included a tab that the oxygen mask was clipped to, tabs to hold the headset wires in place and the original U.S. Air Force decal. These features were eventually removed from the flight jacket as it was adopted by other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces and equipment for pilots changed.