The Apollo 11 space mission, which landed man on the moon in 1969, remains one of the greatest achievements in human history. This lightweight bomber jacket celebrates history with creative patches throughout representing the Apollo missions. The original L-2B bomber jacket was first created in the 1950s as a more lightweight alternative to the MA-1 and L-2A jackets issued to the US Air Force.
Male Model Information:
- Height 6'1"
- Size: L
- A lightweight bomber jacket with NASA patches and printed lining.
- This garment is a unisex style. This jacket fits true to size for a men’s standard fit. Women are recommended to choose 1 size down,
- Water Resistant
- Unisex style
- Moon landing printed lining
- Alpha Logo on zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve with pen inserts
- Signature red "Remove Before Flight" flag
- Sleeve shirring
- Apollo patch on front
- Apollo print and patches on back
- Two exterior flap pockets
- Two interior welt pockets
- Knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Fit: Standard
- Length: Above Hip
- Recommended Weather: Light Weather
- SHELL: 100% Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
RECOMMENDED CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Dry clean only.
Since 1959, Alpha Industries has distinguished itself as a maker of exceptional jackets and outerwear. Alpha first solidified its roots as a clothing contractor for the U.S. Department of Defense, producing N-3B parkas for the Air Force initially, and then expensing into additional silhouettes in the coming decades. Alpha is widely known for producing the MA-1 bomber jacket, now a timeless fashion staple. In addition, Alpha was the first producer of the iconic M-65 field coat, a contract that the company would hold for over 25 years. After decades of designing for all types of combat and weather conditions, Alpha Industries has set the standard of quality for jackets, parkas, field coats, and more — first worn by military service members and now loved by civilians. Each piece stays true to the Alpha Industries mission by offering a unique blend of function and heritage with innovation and style.