The L-2B Scout flight jacket is constructed with a lightweight matte nylon shell, producing the effect of robustness while still appropriate for light spring weather. The vintage white version of this bomber jacket, a new addition, features an all-over Alpha print lining.
Male Model Information:
- Height: 6'0'
- Size: L
- The L2B Scout has two snap-closure hand pockets and two interior pockets with snap closure.
- It features Alpha's signature zippered utility/pencil pocket with Remove Before Flight keychain on the sleeve.
- Water Resistant
- Rib knit collar, cuffs and waistband.
- Matte black zipper with metal aluminum teeth.
- No fill
- Fit: Standard
- Recommended Weather: Light Weather
- Machine wash cold with like colors.
- Use non-chlorine bleach if needed.
- Tumble dry low.
- Do not iron
- Or dry clean.
The L-2B flight jacket was introduced in the early 1950s for use in light temperature zones (50 to 86 degrees F). Initially the bomber was only used by the U.S. Air Force which is why the USAF insignia was put on the sleeve. The flight jacket went through many specification updates including the removal of the oxygen tab, snap tabs and epaulets, along with the USAF logo as the jacket was eventually adopted by the Navy and other branches of the armed forces.