Alpha Industries x Manhattan Portage Jungle Backpack
Free Domestic Returns On Exchanges Read Returns Policy
We've joined forces with NY-based Manhattan Portage, who are known for their tough urban-style messenger bags, to create three unique bags as part of our M-65 50th Anniversary Collection. Based on the Vietnam-Era U.S. Military Tropical Rucksack, part of the U.S. military ALICE system (all-purpose lightweight individual carrying equipment), the Manhattan Portage x Alpha Industries Jungle Backpack is wrapped in old time nostalgia fitted with updated specs. The main body of this bag is made using the classic cotton and nylon blend fabric found on the classic M-65 field coat and features their signature pocket design and snaps. This piece has been outfitted with lightweight yet strong delrin clasps and nylon pp webbing straps for fastening.
- 50% Nylon/ 50% Cotton (NYCO) blend fabric main body
- M-65 signature pockets
- Adjustable nylon webbing straps allow for attachment of additional rolls, mats, or rainwear
- Three external snap pockets
- Vinyl lined 1000D CORDURA® Classic Fabric bottom for extra durability and water protection
- Top carry handle for easy grab-n-go
- Padded mesh back for comfort and breathability
- Mesh padded backpack straps with chest stabilizer and D-ring hooks (for attaching carbineers)
- Internal divider can accommodate up to a 15” laptop
- Antiqued brass hardware and accents
Alpha Industries was founded on the belief that the U.S. armed forces deserved protective clothing that was of superior quality and delivered outstanding defense against extreme climate conditions. From our start in October 1959, the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) awarded Alpha contracts to produce jackets for American service members, including iconic styles such as the N-3B parka and the MA-1 flight jacket. For the next 40 years Alpha would go on to produce a variety of jackets for the DOD including the M-65 field coat, ECWCS parkas and trousers, and test production runs for items in development. In the 1980s the company started efforts in the commercial market. Today, Alpha Industries is known around the world for its high-quality, military-inspired outerwear. We continue to produce the classic military silhouettes that are core to our heritage, as well as modern innovations in style and function.